|Babel Buster 2|
Easier to Use
More Advanced Tools
But... No More Expensive
Control Solutions’ Babel Buster® BB2-3010 is a BACnet MS/TP client/server device that functions as a Modbus RTU master/slave. A large number of BACnet objects gives you flexibility in mapping Modbus registers to any combination of BACnet objects. Packed Modbus registers may be parsed to multiple BACnet objects when reading. Multiple BACnet objects may be packed into a single Modbus register when writing. All standard Modbus register types are supported.
Input objects will poll their assigned Modbus register at the interval you specify, and provide the Modbus data as the Present Value when read. Commandable Output objects are used to write Modbus registers, and will update the Modbus device each time BACnet is updated. The BB2-3010 supports up to 300 non-commandable objects, or up to 135 commandable objects, or a mix in between.
Value objects will poll their assigned Modbus register at the interval you specify. The content of the Modbus register will be given as the Present Value of the BACnet object when read. The Modbus register is written each time the BACnet Value object is written. The Value object corresponds to the Modbus Holding register.
The BB2-3010 is most often used as a Modbus master, but it can operate as a slave while MS/TP operates as a client (master). This makes it possible to put MS/TP devices on a Modbus network (but does still require an understanding of BACnet). MS/TP data in remote devices is queried and saved locally. The local data may then be accessed by another Modbus master.
• Universal, fully configurable
• No extra software or drivers to buy
• Free configuration software
• Read/Write Modbus registers via BACnet objects
• 300 Non-commandable objects OR
• 135 Commandable objects OR
• Between 135 and 300 objects of mixed types.
• Object allocations are user configurable
• AI, AO, AV, BI, BO, BV, MSI, MSO, MSV objects
• COV, COVP subscription support
• BACnet slave is Modbus RTU master or vice versa
• Bidirectional communication between BACnet and Modbus
• Supports Modbus “coils”, input registers, holding registers
• Single or double Modbus registers
• Signed, unsigned, IEEE 754, single bit
• Modbus register mapping configured via object properties
• Modbus registers may be scaled
• Modbus (master) polling interval configurable per point
• Commandable BACnet objects implement priority array
• Hardened EIA-485 transceiver for serial ports (RS-232 optional for Modbus port)
• MS/TP baud rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 76800
• Modbus RTU baud rates: 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400
• Powered by 10-30VDC or 12-24VAC 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption: 0.1A @ 24VDC
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 70mm W x 60mm D
• Pluggable screw terminal blocks
• Operating temperature -40°C to +85°C
• Humidity 5% to 90%
• FCC, CE Mark, UL 916 Listed, BTL Listed
• Fully configurable via BACnet object properties
• USB to MS/TP adapter available
• Configuration software included for use with USB adapter
Note: You will need an MTX002 USB to MS/TP adapter to configure the BB2-3010.
Be sure to order one MTX002 if you do not already have one. Only one MTX002 is needed for configuring any number of BB2-3010 gateways.