The i.Report Modbus Text Messenger is a self-contained remote
monitoring and alarm notification system that monitors data points in one or
more Modbus TCP devices and alerts you and others via SMS when an event
has been detected that somebody should know about. The i.Report Text Messenger
offers simple yet powerful remote monitoring without the need for a monitoring
service - no contract required.
You decide what events somebody should know about, and who should know about
them. If the event is important, you can require the alarm message recipient to
acknowledge the notification. You also have the option of escalating the
notification to additional users if the first user (or group of users) did not
respond by acknowledging the alarm within the time limit you set.
A single i.Report can monitor up to 100 data points from a single device or
from multiple devices on the network. An event can be a level exceeding a
threshold high or low, a change in state, change in value, or deviation from a
setpoint. The parameters that decide what constitutes an active alarm are set
up with an easy to use template. A notification is sent when the alarm
transitions to “active”, and again when the alarm transitions to “inactive”. If
acknowledgement is required but not received within the time you allowed, the
active alarm notification is repeated, possibly including additional users each
time if you set it up that way.
The notification message consists of whatever text you provided, optionally
including template variables. These “variables” are replaced with dynamic data,
such as present level, at the time the message is sent to users’ mobile phones.
The i.Report Modbus Text Messenger can be Modbus TCP client or server. As client,
it will poll other Modbus servers, querying the registers you have selected and
evaluating register content against alarm criteria. As server, you can have your
PLC or SCADA system write data to the i.Report for alarm evaluation.
You can view the VP3-TMxx User Guide here.
VP3-TM60 Hardware Features
Self-contained remote monitoring & alarm notification system
• Monitors data points in one or more Modbus devices
• Alerts one or more users via SMS when event detected
• User configurable SMS messages with dynamic content
• Up to 100 data objects mapped as internal Modbus registers
• Alarm settings, SMS message content programmable per object
• Up to 50 user phone book, 8 user groups
• Notify multiple users with configurable delay & repeat times
• Notification escalation with repeat when not acknowledged
• Password protected replies accepted from authorized users
• Unrecognized phone numbers ignored
• Optionally change parameters or command outputs remotely
• Modbus TCP 10/100BaseT. up to 20 TCP devices
• Modbus TCP client and server
• Operating voltage: 10-30VDC, 24VAC
• Operating current: 0.1A @ 24VDC typical,
0.4A @ 24VDC peak (transmitting, 500mSec duration
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 70mm W x 60mm D
• Pluggable screw terminal block for power & RS485 network
• Operating temperature -40°C to +85°C; Humidity 5% to 90%
• AT&T compatible 4G LTE or Verizon compatible 4G LTE
The VP3-TM is shipped to US locations with your choice of
AT&T or Verizon compatible TracFone SIM pre-installed. You activate the SIM
at your own convenience with low-cost no-contract service. Non-US destinations
will require a user provided SIM compatible with local carriers.